Apple had better hurry up and introduce the second generation iPad soon. Although many have laughed at the paucity of serious competitors, CES showed us that the product category is far from being ignored.
Samsung showed off its "7 Series" notepad, with slide-out keyboard that also places the screen in a standard laptop position.
Motorola demostrated the Atrix solution, which is a fascinating combination of a dockable phone for screens, keyboards and entertainment centers, as well as its Xoom tablet running Android 3.0 The Android OS really shines here, since it was developed specifically with tablet functionality in mind. Motorola was teasing early on at CES with a funny video I published on Friday. The Xoom, however, impressed many serious hard-cire tablet users.
- Apple iOS 5 Features and Shortcuts - Industry News Apr 10
- iPad versus Netbook: Which is a better choice for business? - Industry News Oct 26
- Apple buys former HP Campus - Industry News Nov 29
- Apple computer sells for $211,000 at auction - Industry News Nov 24
- Steve Jobs taking third medical leave of absence - Industry News Jan 17